What is AFJROTC?
To provide interested students with an Air Force Junior ROTC Aerospace Science program which will assist them in exploring civilian, industrial, and military aspects of Aerospace Science.
The Air Force Junior ROTC Aerospace Science Program is designed to build better citizens, strength, strengthen character and acquaint cadets with the aerospace age and careers in the military and civilian aviation. the instructors are retired United States Air Force members whose qualifications are approved by the Air Force to teach the Aerospace Science courses and conduct the AFJROTC activities. This program will ensure the development of academic potential while providing an education that meets all graduation and college entrance requirements. Most importantly it will emphasize the skills that are necessary for leadership-confidence, responsibility and self-discipline.
- Established curriculum in Aerospace Science which includes topics such as the history of flight, environmental studies, principles of flight and navigation, rocketry, propulsion systems and space technology
- Established "study skills and time management" curriculum available Air Force ROTC four year scholarships
- Selective nominations to the USAF Academy
- Optional entry into the USAF two pay grades higher than other enlistees
- Completion of minimum of three years in program earns one year college credit in Senior ROTC
- Ongoing emphasis on career education in both military and civilian aviation
- Leadership training through laboratory and classroom work
- Field trips to military and space installations as well as airports and industrial facilities
- Extracurricular activities such as color guard, drill teams, rocketry club, remote control aircraft, and honor guard